Welcome to the Integrated Utility Services (IUS) website. This website is owned and operated by IUS. Provided here are the terms and conditions that govern your use of our website. You agree that you have read these terms and conditions and that by using our site, you are deemed to be bound by them and accept those terms and conditions. If any goods or services or other offers are featured on this website, they are subject to their individual terms and conditions of sale and/or use and are only available for customers in Ireland.
Integrated Utility Services Limited, Northern Electric Distribution Limited, Yorkshire Electricity Distribution plc, and their associated or affiliated companies are all part of the global MidAmerican Energy Holdings group of companies.
When you read these terms sometimes we refer to ourselves as 'us' or 'we'. When we do this we refer to any of the companies in the MidAmerican Energy Holdings group. Where statements contain the name of a specific company that statement is only applicable to the company that is named.
Meaning of Certain Words
The following words have the following meanings:-
Data - any data, text, animation and graphic images contained on the pages of this website (including information contained in and/or ascertainable from the source code).
You - the person browsing, using or connecting to the website.
This website contains materials, including text, photographs and other images and sound, that are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in this material are (unless specifically stated to the contrary) either owned by us or have been licensed to us by the owner(s) of those rights so that we can use this material as part of our website.
This website also contains trade marks. All our corporate, brand and product names and/or logos appearing on the pages of this website are trade marks of their respective registered proprietor and may only be used under licence from that proprietor or in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- access any part of the website;
- copy or download Data to a local hard disk and print any page or any part of a page from the website for your own personal non-commercial use only; and
- make copies of this website or any part of it in RAM or other temporary storage facility or device solely for the purpose of browsing the Data contained on this website.
You may not:-
- (except as permitted above), use, adapt, modify, enhance, copy, duplicate, merge, embed and/or disassemble or otherwise incorporate into or store in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other) any or all of the Data on this website;
- remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material copies or printed off from this website; or
- link to this website except as permitted below.
This is not meant to be a full list of all those things you may not do with this website.
If you wish to provide a hyper-text link or other link to this website, you must first obtain our consent - please contact us by e-mail at the address at the bottom of this page, including the following details:-
- the URL(s) of the page(s) you propose for links to this website; and
- the URL(s) of the page(s) you propose linking to this website.
This website may include links to external websites. This does not indicate any responsibility on our part for the external website concerned, even if it is a website owned and operated by another company within our group of companies.
WARNING!! THIS IS IMPORTANT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
We have tried to ensure that all information we provide on this website is correct at the time of inclusion. We apologise if any errors have evaded our checks. Please note that all Data is subject to change at any time without notice. You use the information contained in this website at your own risk as we make no warranties, representations or undertakings:-
- about any of the content of this website or of any other website referred to or accessed by hyper-text link through this website (including, without limitation, as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content);
- that the information is free of infection by computer virus, worms, Trojan horses or anything else capable of manifesting, or contaminating your system or which has destructive properties; and
- regarding illustrations used within this website. These are not necessarily true representations of products or services offered.
We shall not be liable to any person for any false, misleading or inaccurate information contained on the pages of this website and we do not accept liability for any use of the information or reliance placed upon it. We do not endorse, warrant or approve the content of any other party's website or any third party products or services by virtue of any information referred to or included on, or linked from or to the pages of this website. We will not have any liability in connection with any of them (including, but not limited to, any liability arising out of any allegation that the content of any third party website infringes any law or the rights of any person or entity). Your statutory consumer rights under English law are not affected by these terms and conditions.
Changing the terms and conditions/operation of the website
- We may change the format and content of this website at any time without notice;
- We may suspend the operation of the website for any reason whatsoever;
- We reserve the right to terminate access to this website at any time and without notice;
- We may change, amend or modify these terms and conditions or any other terms and conditions displayed on this website at any time and without notice; and
- We reserve the right to alter any products or services offered through this website at any time without notice.
If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be found by any court or body of authority to be invalid or unenforceable this shall not affect the validity of the remainder of the terms and conditions which shall continue in effect.
All disputes relating to these conditions and/or the Data contained in this website shall be governed by and in accordance with the laws of Ireland and shall be dealt with under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
SPECIAL NOTE TO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGES OF 13
Please do not send us your personal information, for example your name, address or e-mail address. If you wish to ask a question or use this website in any way that requires you to send your personal Data please get your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
We take the privacy of all our users and customers very seriously. We are committed to providing you with a service which meets your requirements and protects your privacy.
What information will we collect from you?
So that we can provide you with a full range of services, we may collect personal information about you from a number of sources, including from our website, from telephone discussions with you, from written information you have sent to us and from other communications. This may also include information from publicly available sources such as the electoral register.
If we need to process any Data which is categorised under the Data Protection Act 1998 as "sensitive", we will ask for your explicit consent.
Why will we use your information?
We may also use personal information collected from you to tailor your visits to our site or for the purpose of contacting you with the details of products and services that we feel may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of information
We may supply your information to third parties when required to do so by law, including police and other law enforcement agencies, and the Revenue or where it is necessary as provided in paragraph 2 above.
Protection of your information
As part of our business, we maintain stringent security measures designed to protect your personal information. This may include following certain procedures, physical or technological protection and may include encryption of Data or asking you for proof of identity before we disclose your personal information to yourself.
Cookies and e-mail
We may also store information about you in cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our site in future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Our cookies will have the file names (x.text, y.text, z.text). If you want to stop cookies being stored on your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer's instructions by clicking 'help' in your browser menu. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas of our site.
We reserve the right to monitor all forms of communication whether electronic or otherwise with you for the purposes of development of the service and compliance with our policies and procedures. We may also use such monitoring to provide evidence of transactions which we have entered into with you.
Transfers of Data
We may choose to transfer your Data to a third party or server not based within the European Economic Area. In such circumstances, we may contact you prior to doing so to confirm that you are happy for us to transfer such Data.
Accuracy of your Data
We will endeavour to ensure that the information we hold about you will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by e-mailing us. If you find any inaccuracies in such Data, please notify us and we shall delete or correct it promptly.
If at any time you would like to contact us about anything contained on this page or the website more generally, you can do so by completing our General Enquiries contact form.